How to block a Standard Chartered credit card and apply for a replacement: The fastest solution you have if your credit card is stolen or misplaced is to get it stopped. You may avoid any fraudulent acts on your account by blocking credit cards. Monitoring your credit card usage is recommended so you can report any irregularities. According to Standard Chartered Bank, there are four ways to ban your credit card.
How to Block Standard Chartered Credit Card
Customers may quickly block their Standard Chartered credit cards using the procedures the bank has supplied. Immediately report a lost or stolen credit card to the bank using one of the four ways suggested by Standard Chartered;
You may block your Standard Chartered Bank credit card using a variety of methods:
- Using NetBanking at Standard Chartered Bank
- Using the Standard Chartered Bank app for smartphones.
- By using the Standard Chartered Bank Phone Banking
- By stopping by a Standard Chartered Bank branch.
The simplest way to block your credit card is through internet banking. In only 3 steps, you may restrict a credit card using your net banking account:
- To access your net banking account, go to the official Standard Chartered Bank website and log in with your username and password.
- Choose ‘Help & Services’ from the list of choices.
- Click the ‘Report Lost/Stolen Card’ button in the Card Management area and follow the on-screen directions.
Your device screen will display a pop-up warning informing you of the card block, and a new card will be mailed to your registered postal address.
App for mobile devices:
You must download the Standard Chartered mobile banking app and then take the following actions:
- Launch the mobile banking application and enter your account with your internet banking login information.
- Select the Help & Services tab.
- Select Report Lost/Stolen Card under the Card Management section.
- To ban your credit card, adhere to the on-screen instructions.
After blocking your old one, the bank will issue you a new credit card at your address.
Banking by phone:
Standard Chartered Bank’s customers can also use phone banking to report questions or grievances regarding credit cards. The credit cardholder can also utilize the phone banking option to get their credit card banned if they misplace it. Follow the instructions below to contact the bank by contacting the toll-free customer service number 1800-345-1000 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Call the toll-free customer service number and confirm your 4-digit Telephone Identification Number by entering it when the IVR prompts you.
- To ban your Standard Chartered Credit Card, adhere to IVR’s additional instructions.
Branch of Standard Chartered Bank:
You can submit your request to block your credit card in person at the bank’s location. Observe the instructions below;
- Take the credit card block application from the Standard Chartered Bank branch counter closest to you.
- Complete the form, then hand it in at the bank branch.