Take DeLink Aadhaar off of your PhonePe account PhonePe customers are requesting that the PhonePe App unlink their Aadhaar number in response to the Supreme Court of India’s ruling, arguing that it is unlawful to require individuals to link their mobile phones and bank accounts with it even if Aadhaar is a legitimate piece of identification.
De-link your Aadhaar from Bank / Mobile Wallet
This is excellent news for individuals who have not yet connected their PhonePe and other accounts to their Aadhaar; for those who have connected them, a customer service representative should be contacted in order to unlink their Aadhaar from their PhonePe accounts.
The PhonePe app was released in August 2016 and is based on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI). It is available in 11 Indian languages and allows users to send and receive money, recharge mobile, DTH, and data cards, pay for services, make payments at stores, invest in tax-saving funds, and purchase liquid funds, insurance, mutual funds, and digital gold.
Based in Bangalore, Karnataka, India, PhonePe is a digital payments and financial services startup. The delinking of the Aadhaar card from number-related services is anticipated to begin in the coming days with the help of PhoePe and other service providers; mobile banking service providers will need to release clear instructions on how to proceed.
Take Aadhaar out of your PhonePe account
Detachment from PhonePe of Aadhaar is a voluntary choice for consumers. PhonePe and other digital wallets no longer require Aadhaar-related data for authentication. The Supreme Court declared that it is unlawful to link an individual’s Aadhaar number to a bank account. Although linking Aadhaar and bank accounts is not required, banks do not pressure customers to do it.
This action is being made in light of the privacy dangers that the Aadhaar number poses because the user’s personal data is tied to it; as a result, Bank or PhonePe customers, users of e-wallets or mobile wallets, and subscribers to mobile services are no longer required to use their Aadhaar numbers.
You may already be aware of how to link Aadhaar card numbers to PhonePe digital wallets and other services, but you will also be familiar with how to unlink Aadhaar card numbers from PhonePe and other services. Call the appropriate PhonePe customer service number to unlink your Aadhaar card from your account.
When you ask them about the procedure for unlinking your Aadhaar number, PhonePe customer service will send you an email asking them to send you a soft copy of your Aadhaar card. Once more, if you mail the soft copy of your Aadhaar card to PhonePe Customer Care, your PhonePe Aadhaar Unlink process will be finished.
How to Delink/Unlink Aadhaar Number from PhonePe Account
- Call PhonePe customer service first, advises users.
- Using these numbers, users may contact the PhonePe Customer Support Centre at 080-687-2774 / 022-687-2774.
- Choose the language of your choice.
- Select the language you are fluent in.
- To contact PhonePe Customer Care, dial the number indicated by the IVRS voice prompts.
- Once you’ve reached a PhonePe customer service representative, tell them you want to disconnect your Aadhaar number from your PhonePe account.
- As soon as PhonePe Customer Care receives your request to delink your Aadhaar number, you will receive an email from PhonePe informing you that the information has been removed from your account.
- “Dear Customer, PhonePe Customer Support will reply to your Aadhaar unlink request email with the following information: You must email us a clear photograph of your most recent Aadhaar card so we can verify it before we can execute your request.
You should upload a scanned copy of your Aadhaar and send it to PhonePe Customer Support as a reply to that email.
- You will receive a reverse-back confirmation email stating that “Your Aadhaar details will be delinked in 72 hours” once you reply with a scanned copy of your Aadhaar to the same email that PhonePe Customer Support sent you.
- If your Aadhaar hasn’t been disconnected from your PhonePe account after 72 hours, check your PhonePe account.
Aadhar and PhonePe may be separated.
You may delete your whole KYC by delinking your Aadhaar number from PhonePe, so call customer support and let the representative know you wish to do so.
How can I detach my Aadhar card from the KYC process?
PhonePe or other Bank Customer Care may require you to send the scanned copy of your Aadhaar if you have an account with them, so if you do, call them and ask them to unlink your Aadhaar. They will give you a confirmation message after unlinking Aadhaar and receiving your scanned copy of the identification document.
How can I remove my Aadhar card’s connection to any app?
To unlink your Aadhaar number from your Bank or PhonePa account, contact the customer support department of your Bank or other App Service Provider.